Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tender Mercies

My son is walking like his foot hurts but he's nonverbal so he can't tell me, so i wanted to take him to see our great podiatrist. I've also been wanting him to be reevaluated by his private/expensive/genius physical therapist to see if we can make his walking look better and make it easier for him to go down stairs. Then I can take that report to his school/state-paid-for physical therapist and try to get their help.

Today when I went to pick him up early from school so he could see his neurologist (hate to have him miss school and me miss time alone but that was the only appointment we could get) his teacher said they are off next Friday AND Monday.

Really??

Oh, GREAT.

Then I thought, hmm, maybe I can take advantage of this. I called the podiatrist and the physical therapist, and guess who is free on each of those days off?!! Yep. Now I've got the appointments made, they're coming up soon, and won't cut into school.

It's things like this that remind me that somebody upstairs is watching out for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment